Shia LaBeouf has been ordered to attend therapy for anger management by the judge in his battery case.
The 34-year-old actor was charged with two misdemeanour charges of battery and petty theft stemming from an incident which took place in June last year, when Shia got into a verbal altercation with a man which turned physical.
And following a court hearing on Thursday (27.05.21), the judge in the case placed Shia into a judicial diversion program, which lays out several conditions he must satisfy in order to get his misdemeanour charges dismissed.
According to TMZ, the conditions mean that in the next year, Shia must attend private therapy for anger management at least once a week, continue with his alcohol monitoring, make no attempt to use or obtain a weapon, and make no attempt to use force or violence.
He was also ordered to stay 100 yards away from the location of the alleged incident, and 100 yards away from the alleged victim, who he also cannot contact.
There will be a check-in with the ‘Transformers’ actor in three months, and if he follows all the orders for a year, the charges will be dismissed.
If he fails to follow the conditions, Shia may face criminal trial.
Meanwhile, Shia is also facing allegations from his ex-girlfriend FKA Twigs, who accused the 34-year-old actor of sexual battery, assault, and infliction of emotional distress during the course of their brief relationship in 2019.
Twigs brought a lawsuit against Shia, in which she also claimed he physically, emotionally and mentally abused her many times in a relationship that lasted less than a year, and alleged Shia gave her a sexually transmitted disease (STD).
Shia has since responded to the allegations, and admitted he has been “abusive to myself and everyone around me for years”.
He said in a statement: “I’m not in any position to tell anyone how my behaviour made them feel. I have no excuses for my alcoholism or aggression, only rationalisations. I have been abusive to myself and everyone around me for years. I have a history of hurting the people closest to me. I’m ashamed of that history and am sorry to those I hurt. There is nothing else I can really say.”
However, the ‘Honey Boy’ actor insisted that “many of these allegations are not true”, but also said he owed the women “the opportunity to air their statements publicly and accept accountability for those things I have done”.