Brand new Baileys Strawberries & Cream has launched this summer for a limited time only and has already caused mass hysteria as the crowds go wild for it.
Taking sweet treats to new heights of deliciousness, Nonna’s Gelato, the ice cream aficionados, have created the ultimate summer treat to see you through the heat wave - Baileys Strawberries & Cream Gelato. Ideal to make at home, it’s the ultimate #TreatUp recipe that’ll keep you cool all summer long - or until the Bailey’s runs out: the super limited edition Baileys Strawberries & Cream is here for a short time only so get your hands on it while you can!
Perfectly blending the fresh, sumptuous taste of strawberries with light and creamy vanilla, together with the luxurious taste of Baileys Original Irish Cream, this dreamy combination is a truly fruity, indulgent way to treat your sweet tooth this summer.
Sophia Brothers’ Strawberries & Cream Baileys Gelato
550g Whole Milk
150g Strawberries (pureed)
150g Baileys Strawberries & Cream
30g Skimmed Milk Powder
5g Cornflour / Cornstarch
1. Place the milk and cream in a saucepan over a medium heat. Whilst this is warming combine the sugar, skimmed milk powder and cornstarch together in a measuring jug and mix well.
2. Using a thermometer measure the temperature of the milk and cream and when it reaches 40 degrees add the sugar, skimmed milk powder and cornstarch mix. Whisk together and stir continuously with a silicone spatula until the batch reaches 85 degrees.
3. Fill the sink up with ice and cold water to create an ice bath. When the mix has reached 85 degrees plunge the saucepan into the ice bath immediately and stir occasionally. You need to bring the temperature of the mix down to 10 degrees within 30 minutes.
4. Whilst cooling slice the strawberries and blend in a food processor to make a puree.
5. When cooled place the mix in a sealed container. Add the Baileys Strawberries & Cream, strawberry puree and blitz with a hand blender. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
6. After ageing, you are now ready to churn your batch into gelato. Blitz with a hand blender and pour into your ice cream machine and churn until frozen.
7. Scoop your freshly churned gelato into a container and cover with wax paper and a tight fitting lid. Store in the freezer.
Tagged in Recipe