Many people avoid curry due to unwanted side effects, however, this recipe is FODMAP friendly and avoids the ingredients which some people can be sensitive to. Serve with the naturally good-for-your gut rice.
Cooking time: 40 minutes:
- 200g beef strips
- 1-2 tsp cornflour
- Ground black pepper - to taste
- 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Fresh chillies or chilli powder - to taste
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 200ml coconut milk
- A pinch of salt
- Combine all the spices, including the chillies or chilli powder and salt, together and fry in the oil on a low heat until the fragrance is released.
- In a bowl combine the cornflour and ground black pepper to coat the beef strips, set aside.
- Cook the meat in the spice mixture until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the diced vegetables and cook until tender.
- Add in coconut milk and stir until heated through.
Gut Week 2016 takes place 29 August - 04 September. Visit www.loveyourgut.com
Tagged in Recipe