Serves: 4 as a starter
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: about 1 hour
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons Newman's Own Italian Dressing, plus extra to drizzle
- A little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 x 2.5 cm slices Italian style bread e.g. Ciabatta
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 150°C, Gas Mark 2. Place the tomatoes, cut side up on a large baking tray.
- Drizzle the top of each with the dressing, sprinkle over a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then cook in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the tomatoes have shrivelled. Allow to cool slightly.
- Toast the bread, on both sides, preferably in a griddle pan, to create dark lines or under a preheated grill. Rub the surface with the clove of garlic.
- Arrange the bread on a platter, then top with some mozzarella and the tomatoes, drizzle with extra dressing and garnish with basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Newman's Own
Tagged in Recipe