Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 23-25 minutes
- 100g - Ground almonds
- 80g - Icing sugar sifted
- 3 - Tablespoons rosewater
- 500g - Block of puff pastry
- 1 - Large baking tray
- 4 - Pink Lady® apples (each quartered and cored)
- 2 - Tablespoon English runny honey warmed Icing sugar to dust
- 150ml - Double cream
- 1 - Tablespoon icing sugar sifted
- 1 - A length ways split vanilla pod seeds scraped out
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 7/220C/fan oven 180. Mix the almonds, icing sugar and rosewater together in a bowl to create a frangipane mix.
- Cut the pastry into 4 pieces and roll out one at time to a shape large enough to take a 15 cm fluted or plain round cutter. Stamp out the circles and put on the baking tray and prick all over with a fork to within 1cm of the edge. Put in the fridge to chill.
- Cut each apple quarter into 3 wedges and toss in a bowl with the warmed honey.
- Divide the frangipane between each pastry circle and spread to within 1cm of the edge. Arrange the apple wedges on top and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven to Gas mark 6/200C/fan oven 170 and bake for 13-15 minutes or until the pastry has puffed up and the apple is tinged golden in part.
- Meanwhile make the Chantilly cream. Whisk the cream, icing sugar and vanilla together, chill until ready to serve.
- When the galettes are ready dust with icing sugar and serve with the Chantilly cream.
Recipe courtesy of Pink Lady® apples.
Tagged in Recipe