If you’re a vegetarian you can often be left limited by what you can cook, with some recipes not catering for your needs.
This cookie pie recipe is perfect for vegetarians with a sweet tooth and can also be made suitable for vegans!
Take a look at what you’ll need and how to make this delicious dish.
Ruby's Cookie Pie
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Can be vegan*
For the pie base -
110g dairy free margarine
250g plain flour
1 egg (*or egg substitute)
For the cookie filling -
2 eggs (*or egg substitute)
65g plain flour
100g brown sugar
170g dairy free margarine, softened
150g dairy free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. For the base: crumb together the margarine and flour then add the sugar and mix in the egg*. Roll out the mixture and put into pie dish.
3. For the filling: beat the eggs* in large mixing bowl, until foamy.
4. Beat in the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar and, finally, margarine.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and spoon the mixture into the pie base.
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm.
*If using egg substitute use according to packet instructions.
Recipe created by Ruby Clemans from Torquay for the Vegetarian Society’s ‘Surprisingly simple’ member recipe competition, part of National Vegetarian Week 2013 (www.nationalvegetarianweek.org).