Cooking time: 10-15mins
- 600g beef mince (15% fat)
- 4 white baps
- 12 slices American cheese per burger (3 per burger)
- 4 slices smoked back bacon
- Pickled Gherkins
- 160g brown onions, thinly sliced
- Hellmann's Smokey Barbeque Sauce
- 1/2 tbs Sunflower oil
- Weigh the mince into four portions of 150g and use your hands to shape into burger patties.
- Add ¼ tbs oil to pan and gently brown onions until soft. Add to the pan a generous helping of Hellmann's Smokey Barbeque Sauce until onions are thoroughly coated in sauce, set aside.
- Grill the bacon, turning every couple of minutes with tongs, until it's cooked through and as crispy as you like it - this will take around 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, Heat the sunflower oil on a flat griddle or frying pan and cook the burger patties over a medium heat for 2 mins. or until meat is nicely caramalized. Just before you turn them give a genorous seasoning with good quality sea salt
- As they cook, lightly toast your buns under the grill alongside your bacon.
- Flip the burger patties and add American cheese to the top while the second side cooks for a further 2 mins or until juices run clear
- Place two heaped tablespoons of the browned onions mix on top of the cheese.
- Add a generous serving of Hellmann's Smokey Barbeque sauce to the burger bun and top with iceburg lettuce and a slice of pickled gherkin.
- Once the burger patties are cooked to your liking, place in the toasted bun add the lid and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Lucky Chip for Hellmann's, created as a part of the Grilltopia campaign in celebration of their new range of premium BBQ and Hot & Spicy sauces. For more information, visit www.hellmanns.co.uk.
Tagged in Recipe