Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes in total.
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fresh corn on the cob, ears sliced off and dried in kitchen towel
- 400g can chickpeas, well drained and dried in kitchen towel
- ½ red onion, very finely chopped
- 4 ripe vine tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tbsp fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper
For the pancakes:
- 200g Nestlé® GoFree™ Rice Pops
- 1 level tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium egg
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 284ml carton buttermilk
- 2 tsp fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- About 300ml skimmed milk
- Make the topping: heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the corn and chickpeas and sauté over a high heat to take a little colour, then add the onion and soften for 1 minute. Tip into a bowl, add the chopped tomatoes and coriander, and season well with salt and pepper
- Make the pancakes: place 150g of the Nestlé® GoFree™ Rice Pops into a food processor and blitz on a high speed for 1 minute. Tip into a bowl and add the baking powder and salt and mix well. In a separate bowl place the egg, 2tbsp of the oil, the buttermilk and the fresh chilli and whisk well together.
- Gradually add the wet mix to the dry mix, adding enough milk so that you end up with a loose but thickish batter, with a dropping consistency. Just before cooking, add the last 50g of the Nestlé® GoFree™ Rice Pops
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and then add a little of the remaining oil. Spoon in enough pancake mixture to cover the bottom of the pan (you want to be able to make 8 small pancakes in total).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, and then flip over; it should be light brown, and keep warm. Repeat to make another 7 pancakes, adding a little oil each time and keeping the made pancakes warm
- When ready to serve, divide the pancakes between 4 warmed plates. Top with the corn mixture, and serve
Tip: If you fancy something a little bit extra, serve these with a spoonful of thick Greek yogurt!
Tagged in Recipe