Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 150g New season potatoes (or baby potatoes)
- 3 cooked beetroots, cut into ¼
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ½ bag watercress, large stalks removed
- 1 packet cress
For the dressing:
- 1tbsp low fat crème fraiche
- 2tsp mayonnaise
- 1tsp grain mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until tender. Drain and leave to cool a little then slice into bite sized pieces.
- Take a large mixing bowl and whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Whilst the potatoes are still warm toss them into the dressing along with the spring onions.
- Roughly chop the watercress, fold into the salad with the beetroot but don't mix to vigorously otherwise the salad will go pink.
- Just before serving sprinkle over the cress and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the Potatoes: More Than A Bit On The Side campaign.
Tagged in Recipe