Wasabi, ginger and salmon take centre stage in this East-meets-West take on a fish burger
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 4-6 minutes
Calories: 445 per burger
- 250g skinless salmon fillet, chopped
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tsp clear honey
- Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 tbsp 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp wasabi paste
- 4 x 70g white bread rolls, split
- 2 carrots, sliced into ribbons
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 1 small or 1/2 large avocado, peeled, stone removed, and thinly sliced
Top Tip: You can freeze the patties for up to two months. Wrap individually in cling film to freeze, then defrost in the fridge overnight and cook as in step 3.
Super Side: You can't go wrong with butternut squash chips. Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Cut the squash into chips and put them on a baking tray. Mist with calorie controlled cooking spray and bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp and golden.
- In a food processor, pulse the salmon to a coarse paste. Transfer to a large bowl, add the spring onion, ginger and garlic, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well using your hands. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape each into an 8cm patty.
- Put the soy sauce and honey in a microwave-safe dish and cook on high for 10 seconds until the honey melts. Stir to combine.
- Preheat the grill to high. Line a baking tray with foil and mist with cooking spray. Put the patties on the prepared tray and brush with some of the soy sauce mixture. Grill for 2-3 minutes, turning once and brushing with the remaining soy sauce mixture, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the yogurt, mayo and wasabi paste.
- Lightly toast the rolls, then spread the bottom halves with the wasabi mayonnaise. Top with the carrot, salmon patties, cucumber, avocado and the other halves of the rolls, and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Tagged in Recipe