With a rich baritone voice and a distinct sound, Pete RG has all the right ingredients to become one of the most successful musicians and performers the world has seen.
Recently releasing debut full-length album, ‘Tender Souls’, we got the opportunity to catch up with Pete and the band to find out a little bit more about them. So, without further ado, here are 25 things Pete RG wants YOU to know about THEM!
- Pete speaks Greek as well as some German and Spanish. Then again, everyone from Los Angeles speak some Spanish.
- Pete's diehard Los Angeles Lakers fan and was at the 2010 Finals Game 7 that they won.
- Pete has a 19 year old cat named Bootie. She sleeps by his side every night when he’s home.
- Pete is a Wheel of Fortune game show champion.
- Pete was an American football quarterback when growing up.
- Adam (bassist) was born in Scotland.
- Brina (keyboardist) played soccer in at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Pete’s family is from a village in southern Greece. He’s visited there every summer since a kid.
- Kevin (guitarist) is 6’4” and makes Pete, 5’ 11”, look short.
- Dave (drummer) is the official coffee and doughnut connoisseur of the band.
- Pete and Brina are engaged. But, they haven’t had the time to tie the knot since they’ve been on tour so much. Paris, perhaps?
- Pete lives in Venice Beach, California, where he grew up. He was a skater kid.
- Brina was born in Kinshasa, Zaire (now Congo). Her mom’s from Tanzania.
- Adam and Pete love to argue politics. No one ever wins.
- Scotty (drummer filling in for Dave) has a dachshund named, Angus.
- Brina records and mixes every Pete RG song.
- Kevin is a guitar pedal junkie.
- Adam lived in Hawaii. He wants to move back.
- Kevin’s favourite phrase is, “I’m not mad at that.”
- Dave is a Seinfeld junkie.
- Pete lives for Sidecar Doughnuts. If you don’t know what they are, you should travel to Southern California to have one no matter what the cost.
- Dave was the original drummer for Pearl Jam. He’ll be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame with the band in April 2017.
- Pete’s favourite band is U2 and his favourite food is pizza.
- Brina is an amazing swing dancer.
- Pete was a history major in college and almost went to work in Washington, DC, before choosing a career as a musician.
You can get tickets for Pete RG’s tour and see all of the remaining dates now online at www.bandsintown.com/Candlebox?came_from=234.