Prince Charles has been named Renaissance Man of the Year during a visit to Florence.
The 68-year-old royal was awarded the honour during a dinner in the Italian city by the mayor of the Tuscan capital Dario Nardella.
The Palazzo Strozzi Renaissance Man of the Year Award - which is presented by US-based fundraising arm of the Palazzo Strozzi foundation, an organisation that works to stage art and cultural events in the Italian city - is given to someone who has demonstrated the values of Renaissance humanism and had an impact in areas like entrepreneurship and social causes.
Charles was honoured with the award as part of his tour of Europe with his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, which has seen them spend six days in Italy visiting cities such as Naples and Vicenza.
After first visiting Florence on Friday (31.03.17), the royal couple returned to the city on Monday (03.04.17) to attend a reception marking the 100th anniversary of the British Institute of Florence, where Charles was awarded his honour.
On Tuesday (04.04.17), the pair will travel to the Vatican City, where they are set to meet with Pope Francis and tour the Vatican.
Meanwhile, on Sunday (02.03.17), Prince Charles visited the small village of Amatrice, which was devastated by an earthquake in August last year which claimed the lives of 297 people.
Whilst visiting the abandoned 'red zone' of the village - where much of the devastation took place - the royal was seen walking in silence as he took in the sight of the buildings which had been reduced to rubble.
He said as he walked past a destroyed church: "It's a scene of terrifying devastation."
Prince Charles also met with survivors of the natural disaster in emotional scenes which saw one woman break down in tears whilst another man clasped hands with the prince.
Charles told Amatrice's mayor, Sergio Pirozzi: "The people in Britain mind very much what's happened to you all here."
Tagged in Prince Charles