This fall, Orlando brings flavourful events to visitors and locals alike. Numerous food and wine festivals offer culinary delights and celebrate the incoming cooler weather, with more than 11 weeks of events guaranteed to satisfy beer and wine lovers, vegetarians and adventurous eaters.
For a full schedule of fall happenings, year-round events, insider attraction tips and vacation planning guides, go to VisitOrlando.com.
Find highlights of 10 of Orlando’s most popular food events below:
1. Guests can dine on haute cuisine without burning through their budget during the 13th year of Visit Orlando's Magical Dining Month, Sponsored by American Express (Aug. 24 – Sept. 30), when more than 100 of Central Florida's top restaurants feature three-course, prix fixe dinner menus for $35. This year it’s easier than ever for guests to find vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options, specially marked on the Magical Dining website.
2. At the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival (Aug. 30 – Nov. 12), taking place at the Walt Disney World Resort, guests can sip, sample and savor treasures from some of the world’s most famous wineries and celebrated chefs as they circle World Showcase. New this year, guest can enjoy Sunday Brunch with celebrity chefs, new artists at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, a mimosa bar, and innovative dishes at Global Marketplaces throughout the Park.
3. Food and Wine Weekends at Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek (Sept. 14 – Nov. 11) returns with signature guest favorites including a macaron bar, traditional Royal Tea and the Bar du Chocolat with champagne. Tasting dinners at the hotels’ signature restaurants – Bull & Bear, La Luce and Zeta Asia – will offer the chance to experience authentic dishes inspired by American, Italian and Asian cuisine.
4. At Universal Orlando Resort, Jake's Beer Festival is held at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort (Oct. 5), featuring 50 or so craft and specialty beers, creative foods expertly prepared and live entertainment.
5. The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic (Oct. 26 – 27) features wines from around the world and a variety of culinary dishes prepared by award-winning chefs. Educational seminars range from wine-blending to pasta-making from scratch. A special Sunday Bubbles Brunch returns this year on Oct. 28, featuring a variety of cured meats, imported cheeses, an array of sushi and of course, champagne.
6. The 7th Annual Winter Park Wine and Dine (Oct. 10) invites the community to sample flavors from over 30 restaurants. Tickets include unlimited tastings of food, deserts, wine, specialty cocktails and craft beer plus live music throughout the Winter Park Farmer’s Market.
7. As the No.1 vegan-friendly destination in the U.S., according to an article in Livability, Orlando's vegetarian community continues to grow with special events like the Central Florida Veg Fest (Oct. 27). Now in its 13th year, Veg Fest is one of the biggest and best vegetarian festivals in the country. Held at Orlando Festival Park near downtown Orlando, this colorful and educational event offers over 200 vendors and 100 contributors, for a wide variety of presentations and food preparation demos, all featuring vegetarian cuisines.
8. New to the Fall event lineup this year is Lakeridge Winery’s first ever Wine & Cheese Festival(Sept. 8 - 9), featuring complimentary tastings of bestselling wines carefully paired with artisan cheeses. Guests can also enjoy live music, Lakeridge wine by the glass, beer and a variety of food available for purchase.
9. Another brand-new event for 2018 is SeaWorld’s Craft Beer Festival (Weekends Nov. 3 – 11), featuring 100+ brews on draft from breweries across the state of Florida, plus a few domestic and international craft favorites. The festival will offer more than 20 unique food items designed to perfectly pair with the selection of brews.
10. The 4th Annual Orlando Beer Festival (Nov. 10), held in the Milk District of downtown Orlando, hosts a night of fun for a good cause, as proceeds benefit the Coalition for the Homeless. Guests will enjoy samples of craft and premium beers from local and international breweries, wine tastings, interactive games, tasty eats and live music.