An intruder was removed from the 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!' castle set earlier this week.
The "security breach" happened before Storm Arwen forced the live elements of the ITV programme to be axed on Friday (26.11.21), amid concerns that the mighty gusts could pose a safety risk to those at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, Wales.
A statement issued to The Sun newspaper from 'I'm A Celeb...' read: "A security breach was identified and an intruder was removed from the location with immediate effect.
"The safety of both our celebrities and our production crew remains our primary concern."
The confirmation of the incident comes after it was revealed this week that the show's bosses forked out on robots to keep the castle safe from intruders.
Producers enlisted the help of an array of three-legged Armadillo detection cameras, which have infra-red motion sensors, a camera, bright lights, and deafening sirens, to ensure co-hosts Ant and Dec, and this year's crop of celebrities - who include pop star Frankie Bridge, producer Naughty Boy and former footballer David Ginola - remain safe.
A source said: "The Armadillo is the leading piece of security kit available in the UK. It looks like something out of Doctor Who, but if you came face to face with it you’d crap your pants.
"It can emit a deafening alarm 16 times as loud as a car starting. It would cause anyone close to it some serious discomfort.
"Its lights would startle even the most accomplished of criminals and its sensors won’t miss a thing."
Producers are said to be hoping just the mere presence of the 4ft security devices - which have been used by UK police forces - should do the trick in keeping everyone safe.
The source added: "ITV bosses are confident that even just the presence of the Armadillo, let alone the other layers of security, should be enough to keep Ant and Dec and everyone else safe."