If you're looking for the perfect vegan dish to keep you warmed up in these cold winter months, then look no further! Here, we delve into the recipe for a gorgeous sweet potato and chickpea curry...
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves
- 4 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 3 cups / 750g Sweet Potatoes
- Can / 398ml Chickpeas
- 398ml Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 100ml Coconut Milk
- 100g Baby Spinach
- Black Pepper
- Put the coconut oil, onions and cumin seeds in a large casserole dish, cover and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 3 mins to soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, and red chilli flakes and season with flakes and season with pinch of salt. Stir combine, cover and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 2 mins.
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, tomatoes with their juices and coconut milk. Stir to combine, cover and cook on MEDIUM MICROWAVE for 20-30 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- This next step is optional: Mash one-third of the mixture to thicken the sauce (using a potato masher).
- Stir in the spinach and cook on HIGH MICROWAVE for 30-50 seconds or until wilted. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of cooked grains, garnished with cilantro and coconut. If desired, offer lime wedges for squeezing over the curry.
This recipe was created using the Panasonic Slimline Combination Microwave Oven which has a grill, microwave and oven setting (and 29 automated cooking programmes), but could be replicated using a standard microwave.
For more recipe inspiration visit www.theideaskitchen.co.uk
Tagged in Vegan