Serves: 4 - Prep time: 15 mins - Cooking time: 35 mins
A delicious version of the Japanese classic using roasted sweet potato instead of aubergine. Perfect paired with rice or salad.
- 4 Sweet potatoes
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp Clearspring Sweet White Miso
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Hatcho Miso
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Mikawa Mirin
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Rice Malt Syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Halve the sweet potatoes lengthways, then score the surface of the flesh in diagonal crisscross style; this will help the miso sauce to marinate through the potato.
- Place the potatoes onto a lightly greased baking tray and bake in the oven for 30mins.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients in a bowl and reserve until required.
- Once the potatoes are soft and cooked through, switch over to the grill then evenly spread the miso mixture onto the scored surface of the sweet potatoes.
- Place under a med-high grill and cook for a further 5-7 mins or until the miso sauce goes bubbly and golden brown.
- Sprinkle on some white and black sesame seeds and serve on their own or with some of Clearspring’s quick cook rice and quinoa.