Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany celebrate their 16th wedding anniversary today so we reflect on their time as husband and wife.
1. The celebrity couple met while on-set of the film, in which they both starred, 'A Beautiful Mind'.
2. They didn't get together at the time as they were in other relationships.
3. Following the September 11 attacks- Bettany allegedly realised his feelings for Connelly and after trying to contact her for two days, he finally got in touch and asked her to marry him.
4. They wed in a private family ceremony in Scotland.
5. Bettany then moved out to Brooklyn, New York with Connelly and her son Kai, from her previous relationship with photographer David Duggan.
6. They then had another son in 2003, Stellan, who is named after actor Stellan Skarsgard.
7. Bettany starred with Stellan Skarsgard in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang in 2001 and Dogville in 2003.
8. In 2011 they had another child, this time a girl, called Agnes Lark.
9. Connelly had her at home in New York via a scheduled water birth.
10. Bettany once said when talking about his children; 'reading to both my kids has always been important. My wife, Jennifer, and I read to them every night. It's the most delicious time of the day when your child is all sleepy and cuddly and they get to snuggle up and you read them a bedtime story. It's the bit of parenting that makes up for when they're screaming and shouting at you.'
11. Bettany reportedly said that Connelly was his childhood crush after seeing her in Labyrinth.
12. The couple have since starred in the movie 'Creation' together as Charles and Emma Darwin.
Happy Wedding Anniversary Jennifer and Paul!
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.