Preparation time less than 30 mins
Cooking time 30 mins to 1 hour
4x110g/4oz smoked haddock portions
125g/4Â½oz peeled prawns, cooked
1 leek, sliced
300ml/Â½ pint milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 large potatoes, peeled, par-boiled and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Melt half the butter in a large saucepan and cook the leeks for 2-3 minutes until soft.
3. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in the milk. Return to the heat and cook stirring until the sauce has thickened. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the prawns and season with salt and pepper.
6. Place half the sauce in a pie dish; add the fish and spoon over the remaining sauce.
7. Top with the sliced potatoes and dot with the remaining butter. Season with some more pepper.
8. Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes until the potatoes are golden.