Movie mums are either incredibly evil or leave us feeling fuzzy inside so in honour of Mothers Day, LoveFilm have conducted a survey to discover the most popular mothers of the silver screen.Casting a spell on everyone with her half-broken wand, the magic mother of a seven-strong ginger brood (and surrogate mum to boy wizard Harry Potter) Molly Weasley (Julie Walters) tops the poll with 16 per cent of the vote.Everyones favourite raspy-voiced, blue-beehived cartoon character Marge Simpson was a close second with 15 per cent, with the indestructible Sarah Connor from Terminator in third place with 13 per cent.The Best Mothers in Film are:
1. Molly Weasley (Julie Walters) in Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone (2001) - 16 per centJulie Walters is a national treasure and we wish Molly Weasley was our mum, although the hand-me-downs would get annoying after a while.
2. Marge Simpson (Julie Kavner) in The Simpsons Movie (2007) - 15 per cent
Despite Bart being a tearaway, Lisa being a geek and Maggie still not being able to talk after 19 years, Marge comes second. Everyone loves a dysfunctional family.
3. Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) in Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991) - 13 per cent
Who doesnt have a mum who defeats murdering robots, whilst doing pull ups in prison wearing a tight vest?
4. Stiflers Mom (Jennifer Coolidge) in American Pie (1999) - 9 per cent
The original M.I.L.F (you know what it means.) With the best seduction skills weve seen since The Graduate, Stiflers Mom tells Finch her scotch is, Aged 18 years. The way I like it. Classic.
5. Erin Brockovich (Julia Roberts) in Erin Brockovich (2000) - 8 per cent
Were actually sure most men would prefer Erin Brockovich to be their girlfriend rather than mother a yummy mummy with morals.
6. Morticia Adams (Angelica Huston) in The Addams Family (1991) - 6 per cent
Mysterious and spooky, creepy and gooky but she looked hot in her long black boots and taught her children to be themselves without compromise.
7. Mrs Gump (Sally Field) in Forrest Gump (1994) - 6 per cent
Mrs Gump imparts motherly wisdom like no other: Life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what youre gonna get. We got a lump in our throat when she finally passed away.
8. Elastigirl (Holly Hunter) in The Incredibles (2004) - 6 per cent
Elastigirl/ Helen Parr is a super-stretchy, super-hero. Much like your mum, right?
9. Rozalin Focker (Barbara Streisand) in Meet the Fockers (2004) - 5 per cent
Were not sure youre giving your son the best start in life by naming him Gaylord Focker, but you cant deny the boy was loved.
10. Beatrix Kiddo/Black Mumba/The Bride (Uma Thurman) in Kill Bill: Vol 1 (2003) - 4 per cent
Definitely the winner of the most kick-ass mum competition, Beatrix single-handedly takes on 88 deadly assassins in one fight scene. Bet your mum didnt do that when you got into a fight in the playground.