When it was revealed Meryl Streep would be joining the cast of Big Little Lies season 2, fans of the critically-acclaimed HBO drama got very excited indeed. Today (August 2, 2018), that excitement turned up a notch when pictures taken by paps showed Reese Witherspoon filming scenes for the show, where she has to lob ice cream straight at Meryl! We're not entirely sure how she got on Reese's character's wrong side, but we hope this sequence is one that makes its way to the small screen when Big Little Lies returns!
Of course, the pictures sent the public into a frenzy, so we've decided to delve into some of the biggest and best reactions to the shots on social media, picking out 7 of our favourites from Twitter!
7. It may be Thursday, but for some people, the weekend still isn't close enough!
6. When the tea is STEAMING, but you need something a little cooler for the ultimate shade...
5. Despite the public's love for Meryl, it's what the people want.
4. Could we be in for a shocking Real Housewives twist?
3. Brexit you say? It gets everywhere...
2. Where's the justice in that?
1. Confirmation from the lady herself!
Big Little Lies season 2 is currently in production, and is expected to return to HBO in the US and Sky Atlantic in the UK at some point in 2019. We'll bring you more news about the series as and when we get it.