‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!’ stars have been warned against being “disrespectful to the spirit world” during their stay at Gwrych Castle in Wales.

Ant and Dec

Ant and Dec

This year’s series of the ITV celebrity reality show will see contestants stay in the spooky castle in North Wales instead of jetting off to the Australian jungle, because of the travel restrictions imposed by the coronavirus pandemic.

And according to paranormal investigator Paul Rowland - who once stayed the night at the 200-year-old castle - the cast and crew could be in for a fright if they do anything to “anger” the spirit world, including using “bad language”.

He told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: “One of my concerns is that if the producers are disrespectful to the spirits in their Bushtucker trials, with ghost themes, then they are at greater risk of coming to harm.

“I hope the production team isn’t disrespectful to the spirit world.

"I’ve seen it on TV where they asked for things to be thrown and encouraged the spirits to act violently.

“The spirits also get angry if they use bad language.”

And it’s not just ghosts the cast and crew will have to deal with, as ‘I’m A Celebrity’ bosses are also still battling to get around various coronavirus safety precautions.

Earlier this week it was claimed the crew will wear "proximity monitors" to help enforce social distancing.

Richard Cowles - ITV Studios entertainment director - said: "On a Covid level, everyone’s got proximity monitors on them so basically they can’t come within two metres of each other without it buzzing and flashing and reminding them to step away.”

The series - which is hosted by Ant and Dec - is set to air next month, once Wales has come out of its circuit breaker lockdown following a spike in coronavirus cases.