Head to God’s Own County for the perfect honeymoon.
As the biggest county in the UK, Yorkshire offers newlyweds an array of quaint towns, rolling hills, and picturesque landscapes to discover, ensuring you have a honeymoon to remember.
Whether you’re in search of some cultural activities, a lover of the great outdoors, or you’re looking to indulge yourself with a spot of luxury, you’re sure to find it. From following in the footsteps of the Vikings, to spoiling yourself with a delicious afternoon tea, there’s plenty to see and do.
Here are ten reasons why any couple are bound to fall in love with Yorkshire:
- As the county town of Yorkshire, York offers history and narrow streets, perfect for a romantic day trip - you can take a walk on the city walls, or follow in the footsteps of the Vikings.
- Boasting two national parks, the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors are the ideal spots for those who are a fan of the outdoors.
- With quaint spa towns such as Harrogate, you can indulge in luxury boutiques or a spot of afternoon tea at the famous Betty’s tea rooms.
- With a coastline offering some of the UK’s most rugged countryside, you can enjoy strolls on the beach, and some of the best fish and chips in the UK.
- As the home to the Yorkshire pudding and Yorkshire Tea, you can enjoy some of the region’s best known culinary delights.
- With plenty of history to discover, you can explore sights such as Castle Howard and Rievaulx Abbey, and take a step back in time.
- As the inspiration to Bram Stoker’s Dracula, you can lose yourself in the haunting Whitby Abbey.
- If you’re in search of culture and arts, the Yorkshire Sculpture Park is the perfect destination.
- With rolling hills, waterfalls and stunning architecture, Yorkshire provides some of the best scenic landscapes, for those perfect holiday memories.
- With numerous properties featured within its Romantic Collection, newlyweds will find it hard to decide just where to stay with cottages.com!
For more information and to book the perfect honeymoon, visit www.cottages.com or call 0345 498 6900.