Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman would have celebrated their 27th wedding anniversary today so we reflect on their time as husband and wife.
1. Cruise met his second wife Kidman on the set of the movie Days of Thunder back in 1989.
2. They have since starred in Eyes Wide Shut (1999) and Far And Away (1992) together.
3. The pair got married on 24th December 1990 in Telluride, Colorado.
4. Following this, they adopted two children Isabella Jane (born December 1992) and Connor Antony (born January 1995).
5. As Kidman is 5'11'', she was 4 inches higher than Cruise so allegedly rarely wore heals when she was seen publicly with him to match his height- now she is rarely seen without a pair of heels.
6. In 2001, Cruise filed for a divorce on the same week The Others was released.
7. Afterwards, she still spoke fondly of Cruise even after their split in Ladies' Home Journal in June 2006."He was huge; still is. She said; To me, he was just Tom, but to everybody else, he is huge. But he was lovely to me. And I loved him. I still love him." (Wikipedia)
8. When the couple married, reportedly, part of their promise to one another was that they would not be separated for more than two weeks.
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.