As COVID-19 restrictions ease throughout the UK, the largest Channel Island has re-opened its borders to welcome visitors once again.
The Visit Jersey website has seen over a 40% month-on month increase in traffic as holiday-makers – looking for relaxing getaways closer to home – seek to rediscover Jersey’s secluded beaches, open roads and fresh air.
Keith Beecham, Chief Executive of Visit Jersey comments on the border re-opening: “After more than three months, we’re delighted to welcome visitors once again. As part of the British Isles, our Government has implemented a visitor process that is both safe for everyone while also optimising the traveller experience. Now more than ever, we believe that visitors will value our pristine beaches, uninterrupted coastal paths, unique hospitality and big spirit.”
David Seymour, Managing Director of Seymour Hotels, which is celebrating its 100th year of trading, comments on the hotels re-opening: “We can’t wait to welcome back both local and travelling customers for some warm and friendly hospitality. As part of our Stay Safe pledge, we have built on the already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene to protect the health and safety of our staff and guests throughout their stay.”
To see why Jersey is such a special place, only a short flight or ferry away view the video click this link.
As part of the island’s preparations for keeping visitors and locals safe, whilst reducing the risk of COVID-19 transmission, all arriving visitors are required to complete a pre-departure registration form and will be tested on arrival. As borders re-open, islanders will now also be able to visit friends and family.
Top 10 local attractions for a Jersey staycation:
Below are ten top attractions that are open for business. To find more information or to visit one of these sites, head to www.jersey.com:
- Seafaris - Explore Jersey’s offshore islands and reefs on a RIB voyage. Look out for the dolphins.
- SUP Yoga with Windmadness – Refresh and rebalance with a SUP yoga class while floating in one of Jersey’s secluded bays.
- Jersey Kayak Adventures – Paddle into hidden bays around Jersey’s breath taking coastline.
- Jersey Food Tours – Sample a taste of Jersey on a walking tour of Gorey.
- Number 10 Jersey – Discover Chef Joe Baker’s ‘Great British Menu’ dining experience using seasonal, local produce.
- El Tico Beach Cantina – Tuck into local flavours with sweeping sea views of St. Ouen’s Bay.
- Bohemia Bar and Restaurant – Indulge in a Michelin starred, fine dining experience in the heart of St. Helier.
- Mont Orgueil Castle – Step back in time on an exploration of this enchanting medieval castle.
- Jersey War Tunnels – Discover the true story of life in Jersey during the German Occupation in WW2.
- Jersey War Tours – Delve deep into Jersey’s wartime past on a tour of WW2 bunkers not usually open to the public.
Tagged in Travel