We thought we would take a look at why so many brides and grooms to be are opting for a cake made from cheese rather than- well… cake.
- Cheese is massively popular! In our experience people are far more excited by cheese than fruit cake.
- It'll be much cheaper. Much.
- You'll probably be having a cheese course anyway: the cheese cake format is an exciting way of presenting it. If couples wanted to create a bespoke cheese cake they can - The Cheese Shed, a little-known online cheese shop, has an innovative 'Cakebuilder' app - the UK's only onscreen cheese cake creation tool!
- The cheese wedding cake also provides a suitable late night snacking opportunity.
- Decorating a cheese cake is easy and a fun way to bring a bit of personalised creativity into your event.
- Or: ask your florist to decorate the cake so that it ties in to your floral scheme.
- No waste! Cheese keeps very well if wrapped and kept cool, so if any's left over it can be saved for another day.
- Get real artisan cheese and you'll know your cake is made from a superb high-quality product.
- Cheese is made all over the country: choose the ones that remind you of home!
- It's cheese. Come on!
By Ian Wellens, MD of The Cheese Shed and cheese ambassador for Westcountry produce: